What is happening with PE, Sports and Clubs this year?
What do we want to achieve?
- Ensure all pupils receive at least 2 hours of high quality curriculum PE per week
Increase the percentage of pupils participating in…
- Volunteering and leadership activities across KS2 to 30%;
- Lunchtime physical activity programmes to 75%;
- Extra curricular activities to 75%,
- Organised competitions and events to 75% for KS2 pupils,
- Elite/G&T activities - intra and inter school/county
- Ensure all KS2 pupils achieve the mid-attainment standard in swimming.
- Achieve the School Games - Gold Award
- All KS1 and KS2 pupils have access to high quality enrichment activities
We will ensure:
- All pupils have access to high quality PE and Physical Activities during curriculum time.
- Pupils have access to high quality PE and Physical Activities through extra curricular activities - before school, lunchtimes and after school too!
- Pupils have access to outdoor and adventurous activities including residential visits End of KS1 and KS2 (Beaumanor for Year 2 and Manor Adventure for Y6).
- We increase the number of children representing our school through inter, and intra school competitions - we can participate and compete alongside our friends at Whissendine, St Nicholas and Ketton. Termly sports festivals have already been mapped out across the year for different groups of children.
- We will increase our elite representation - at school and county level.
- We have a coordinated calendar of events - for each year group across the year.
These build on the excellent work from last year by Mr Chand. We have already created a comprehensive action plan and schedule of activities - PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHMENT below and the SCHOOL CALENDAR
- We provide young children with a variety of leadership roles within school. Pupils to have the opportunity to be role models and mentors to younger peers and can take part in a Sports Leadership Programme.