New Ofsted Report Published!
The Governing Body of Langham Primary are delighted to share with you an excellent Ofsted report following the school’s inspection in December 2017. The school has improved significantly in every aspect of the inspection framework, which is a fantastic result. We would like to congratulate the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and the entire school community for their professionalism through this period of intense scrutiny and for their skills, dedication and hard work over the past two years that have made the school what it is today – truly EPIC!
The full Ofsted report can be found in the 'Our School' section of the website under 'Performance' Here are some of the highlights we are most proud of:
- The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.
- The Headteacher has very effectively led a review of all aspects of the school since the previous inspection. No stone has been left unturned.
- Pupils say they love coming to school and feel very safe and happy in school.
- Pupils’ attitudes to learning are excellent and they respond very well to the school’s ‘Six Rs’.
- There is a clear upward trend in the school’s results. Pupils are prepared well for the next stage of their education and the world of work beyond school.
- Governance is much improved and now very effective. The governing body receives high-quality information from senior leaders.
- Leaders, including middle leaders, know the school inside out. Staff work to the common end of helping pupils do their best. Teamwork and relationships are strong.
We would like to take this opportunity to say a huge thank you to all staff, governors, parents and children. As a Governing Body we will be taking on the recommendations from Ofsted for further improvement and look forward to driving the school forward into 2018.
Langham School Governing Body
Ian Evley (Chair), Sally Hickman (Vice Chair), Suzanne Johnson, Sarah-Louise Richards, Leon Roberts,
Diane Rowland, Vic Russell and Matt Taylor