School Admissions Consultation
The Rutland Learning Trust (RLT) is the admission authority for the schools listed below:
- Cottesmore Academy
- Exton & Greetham CE Primary School
- Ketton CE Primary School
- Langham CE Primary School
- St Nicholas CE Primary School
- Whissendine CE Primary School
We are required to consult on our admission arrangements when there are significant changes and/or at least every seven years.
We believe that it is important for all stakeholders, including prospective parents and carers, to understand how our schools manage the admission process.
This policy will be implemented for entry into the above schools for September 2020 and ‘in year’ admissions for the school year 2020/21. This policy will operate until further notice.
Our policy has been reformatted to make the application process easier to understand.
There are two parts to the policy:
- Part 1 – explains the admission process and legal requirements as set out in the School Admissions Code of Conduct
- Part 2 – sets out how the overarching RLT policy applies to each school and how admissions are prioritised.
The following changes are being proposed:
- Expansion and clarification of the admissions processes for the following sections:
- In year admissions
- Planned admission number (PAN)
- Fair Access Protocols
- Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Late applications
- Multiple Births
- Admission of children below compulsory school age, deferred entry and children outside of their normal age group
- Children of UK service personnel and other crown servants
- Addition of children who have been in state care to the oversubscription criteria in accordance with the Department of Education (DfE) requirements
- Inclusion of children with a serious medical condition or exceptional social or domestic needs to the oversubscription criteria
- Statement on School Transport
- Increase of Whissendine CE Primary School’s planned admission number (PAN) from 28 to 30
- Decrease of Cottesmore Academy’s planned admission number (PAN) from 51 to 30
The consultation will run for at least 6 weeks from 14th December 2018 until 31st January 2019.
Copies of the proposed policy for Langham School can be found on the Admissions page of this website. (Our School/Admissions)
How to respond to the proposals
- You can write to the individual school at the contact address on the school’s website
- You can write to The Rutland Learning Trust at:
Whissendine CE Primary School, Main Street, Whissendine, Rutland, LE15 7ET
- You can follow the link below:
What happens at the end of the consultation period?
After the closing date, the responses will be collated and presented to the Local Governing Bodies and Trustees. Once determined the final admission arrangements will be placed on the Rutland Learning Trust and school’s websites by 15th March 2019.