Welcome to the Langham Church of England Primary School and thank you for your interest in our school. I hope this website will answer many of your questions about who we are and what we do, but please remember there is no substitute for a visit. I invite you to come and meet our staff and children and to experience for yourselves the warmth of a Langham welcome. I remember vividly my first impressions of the school and trust that you too will be enchanted by the vitality and energy of the school and its pupils,
Mrs D. Rowland, Head of School.
If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, they will be eligible to start primary school in September 2019.
If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, they will be eligible to start primary school in September 2020.
The application process for first-time admission to primary school, into reception year group in September, will open in Rutland in the previous October (eg October 2019 for September 2020 entry), when there will be full details on the Rutland County Council website.
Rutland County Council will target parents of children who are eligible to start primary school, and who are resident in Rutland, by using information collected from pre-schools and nurseries in the area. A letter will be posted out to parents of these children in October advising them of the need to apply for a primary school place for their child. For Rutland residents, there will be an application form, which will be available online or as a paper copy, which will allow you to submit up to 3 preferences of primary school. For further information please use the link below to the Rutland County Council website.
In-Year’ admission refers to a child who is not starting primary school for the first time in September (into reception year) but who is transferring from one primary school to another. Langham CE Primary is its own admitting authority and applications for an In-Year Admission must be submitted directly to the school. To make an application, please use the forms below
ADMISSIONS CONSULTATION FOR 2020/21
This consultation has closed.
The Rutland Learning Trust (RLT) is the admission authority for the schools listed below:
- Cottesmore Academy
- Exton & Greetham CE Primary School
- Ketton CE Primary School
- Langham CE Primary School
- St Nicholas CE Primary School
- Whissendine CE Primary School
We are required to consult on our admission arrangements when there are significant changes and/or at least every seven years.
We believe that it is important for all stakeholders, including prospective parents and carers, to understand how our schools manage the admission process.
This policy will be implemented for entry into the above schools for September 2020 and ‘in year’ admissions for the school year 2020/21. This policy will operate until further notice.
Our policy has been reformatted to make the application process easier to understand.
There are two parts to the policy:
- Part 1 – explains the admission process and legal requirements as set out in the School Admissions Code of Conduct
- Part 2 – sets out how the overarching RLT policy applies to each school and how admissions are prioritised.
The following changes are being proposed:
- Expansion and clarification of the admissions processes for the following sections:
- In year admissions
- Planned admission number (PAN)
- Fair Access Protocols
- Children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Late applications
- Multiple Births
- Admission of children below compulsory school age, deferred entry and children outside of their normal age group
- Children of UK service personnel and other crown servants
- Addition of children who have been in state care to the oversubscription criteria in accordance with the Department of Education (DfE) requirements
- Inclusion of children with a serious medical condition or exceptional social or domestic needs to the oversubscription criteria
- Statement on School Transport
- Increase of Whissendine CE Primary School’s planned admission number (PAN) from 28 to 30
- Decrease of Cottesmore Academy’s planned admission number (PAN) from 51 to 30
The consultation will run for at least 6 weeks from 14th December 2018 until 31st January 2019.
Where to find information
Copies of the proposed policy for Langham can be found below.
How to respond to the proposals
- You can write to the individual school at the contact address on the school’s website
- You can write to The Rutland Learning Trust at:
Whissendine CE Primary School, Main Street, Whissendine, Rutland, LE15 7ET
- You can follow the link below:
What happens at the end of the consultation period?
After the closing date, the responses will be collated and presented to the Local Governing Bodies and Trustees. Once determined the final admission arrangements will be placed on the Rutland Learning Trust and school’s websites by 15th March 2019.