To read about Langham CE Primary School Values and Ethos in a separate document, please click on the link below.
Our Mission Statement
“To achieve the highest educational standards where everyone grows, learns and works together in an atmosphere of trust, mutual respect and harmony within the context of the Christian Faith as practiced in the Church of England.”
Christian values and practice are at the heart of our shared life as a Church of England School and they shape an enquiring and respectful approach to everything around us. We have strong, well-established links with our local church that contribute regularly to our schools programmes and we seek to learn about and from other faith-traditions in today’s world.
As a dedicated team of teachers, support staff, Governors, parents and carers we work with love, professionalism and commitment on behalf of and with the pupils to provide educational provision of the very highest quality.
By ‘Working Together to Sustain Excellence and Transform Learning’ we believe that we can improve outcomes for our children - today, tomorrow and in the future. By working in this way we know that every child will be valued, cared for and have the very best chance to excel and achieve their potential.
Joy, Kindness, Patience, Faithfulness, Unselfishness, Honesty, Tolerance,
Forgiveness, Loyalty, Trust, Empathy, Love
Through this Christian commitment….
- We will provide a warm, caring and Christian atmosphere in which the children will feel happy and secure and therefore receptive to learning.
- Children will gain an understanding of the Christian faith and what it means to be part of the world wide Anglican family.
- We will show that this is a Christian School promoting the values of love, trust and forgiveness as shown to us through the teachings of Jesus.
- Children will develop a social, spiritual and emotional awareness through these teachings.
- Children will be taught to be sympathetic to the needs of others in society, to conduct their lives with honesty, pride and respect for all and to form valued and lasting relationships through experience of Christian teaching and practice.
- Children will receive a broad, balanced and inspirational education, including the exploration of faith questions that will provide the basis of a successful, informed life.
Langham CE Primary School aims to…
- Encourage pupils to develop an enquiring mind; ask questions, search for answers, draw conclusions and discuss outcomes.
- Encourage the pupils to grow in stature, confidence and self-esteem through encouragement, reward and recognition.
- Cultivate a desire within our children to protect and care for the environment and contribute positively to the local community of which they are members.
- Foster a healthy competitive attitude, a desire to be successful, a commitment to fair play and to appreciate and enjoy the pleasure of taking part.
- Provide a wide variety of extra curricular activities from which the children may select, benefit and broaden their skills.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum to the highest possible standard of education for all children within our care through focussing on positive strengths, encouraging independent and collaborative learning and the development of life long skills that will enable them to lead full, caring and active lives.
- Help the children to reach their full potential by providing relevant and challenging technological educational experiences, developing their self-confidence, self-discipline, positive self-image and care and respect for other people, their property and their feelings.
- Develop the whole child by providing extra curricular activities, by welcoming community dignitaries who discuss their roles and by day and residential visits both in the local vicinity and further afield.
- Build a partnership with parents so that they feel involved in their child’s education, as well as being able to approach staff for help and advice.
- Develop an understanding of the needs of others through regular awareness days and fund raising events.
- Keep all stakeholders, including the Diocese, and members of the school community informed through regular discussions, newsletters, information evenings etc and to gain their views and opinion through regular feedback.
Teach British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs. We promote these values through our own school values, curriculum and enrichment activities.
Our inclusive learning environment teaches our pupils to celebrate differences, help one another and promote a culture of tolerance and mutual respect. Our vision for each child is that they will work towards their personal best, in a caring atmosphere, which reflects the Christian and British values of our Academy. We encourage a strong community spirit, where consideration and support for each other and understand differences.
Across our school we encourage our pupils to be inquisitive and passionate about their learning.
We strive to develop confident, creative, self-assured, positive young people who love to learn, to contribute and to achieve.
We aim to produce independent thinkers and learners who are READY for 21st Century Learning - Resilient, Responsible, Resourceful, Risk Taking, Reflective and Respectful learners.
We have a dynamic and high performing team.
There is tremendous team spirit - we are all committed to the success of our school and we always seek to put the children’s best interests first.
We seek high levels of attainment and achievement in the core subjects and across a broad, creative curriculum, including a full suite of visits and visitors.
Memorable learning experiences are at the heart of all we do.
Every child deserves to be successful and our role is to help them blossom and believe everything is possible!
Our vision is underpinned by a strong commitment to Personalised Learning – we call this EPIC LEARNING.
What is EPIC LEARNING? Enjoy – make Progress - Include – be Creative!
EPIC Learning is our promise to children and their families. It is also a vehicle for sustainable whole school improvement - creating a self-evaluating, reflective school.
EPIC Learning puts our vision of personalisation into practice.
EPIC Learning is all about putting our children first!
It means shaping teaching around the way different children learn.
It means taking the care to nurture the unique talents of every pupil.
It means developing the intrinsic motivation of succeeding – pupils working at the very edge of their ability: the struggle, the challenge and the love of learning.
It means making sure our teaching and learning is the best it can possibly be.
It means that we remove barriers to learning, and help children get better at getting better!
Our personalised curriculum aims to enable all of our team to become…EPIC Learners!
Successful learners, who enjoy their learning, make great progress and achieve well;
Confident, creative individuals, who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives,
Active and responsible people, who do the right thing - in the right way!
How will we achieve our aims?
Outstanding learning in order to support, excite and challenge all pupils in every aspect of the curriculum;
Providing an engaging, relevant and inspiring learning environment;
Involving children in their own learning; listening to children and learning from children;
Consistently tracking, intervening and supporting individual children’s learning;
Removing barriers to learning;
Promoting EPIC Learning skills in order to develop and enhance our 6Rs;
Effective policy and practice in safeguarding and child protection;
Working with and engaging parents and families in their children’s learning;
Working within the local community to support and sustain all learners;
Establishing, extending and enhancing national and international learning;
Experiencing and celebrating diversity and challenging injustice.
Achieve – Believe - Succeed